There are a number of items that I thought I would bring to your attention as we all lead busy lives and it is easy to lose track. Please take note of the following:
- Football tickets – Please remember that the deadline to hand them in is September 14. For those who are selling them, please sell them all. If you would like to sell some, let Ron know. If you want to buy one, please do so at our next Council meeting on Wednesday, September 5.
- Gun Raffle – Please consider selling at least one book this year as it is our biggest fund raiser and we need everyone’s involvement in the sale of the tickets. CJ always does a great job organizing and running the raffle so now let’s do our part.
- September’s Meeting – I am still looking for someone to prepare and serve the meal for our September 5th meeting. If you are interested in doing this , please let me know.
- Volunteer Sign-up – If anyone is looking for volunteers at our next meeting, please prepare your volunteer sheets ahead of time and place them at the table at the front of the hall so our Brother Knights can peruse what opportunities are available. Brother Knights – please make sure to check the sheets and volunteer where and when you can. I know there will be sheets for Texas Reds, Aquinasfest, and more.
- Texas Reds Festival – This year this event was put in our budget as a fund raiser to hopefully, raise at least $600. At our August meeting we had only two Knights sign up. We will need at least 12 to realize the budget amount. If you are interested in volunteering on either October 12 or 13, please let me know as soon as possible so I can submit an initial list to the Volunteer Coordinator for this event.
- STAY – I would like to thank John Romero, Kyle Incardona, Ed Venegas (and family), and Tom Zike for stepping up and volunteering to help with this event as we will be cooking hamburgers and hot dogs for 225 youth on September 9. Kyle is also supplying a large grill that will make this task even easier. I think we might be okay with help but waiting for specific details from James Longoria.
- Audit – Our audit was completed in August and submitted. We have one minor glitch with how we record members who have not paid but that has been worked out and is being taken care of. Thank-you to the hard work of Dan King and Paul Marvin for their financial work throughout the year which made the audit easy. Thank-you to our Trustees – Ron Gay, Russ Kellen, and Mike Hlavinka and Deputy Grand Knight, David Gerling, for their work on the audit.
- Family Swim Party – Please don’t forget to attend our annual Family Swim Party that will be held at Gary Richardson’s house this year. If you are planning on attending, please contact David Gerling ( email@example.com or 979.690.2069)
4908 Park Hampton Dr
Bryan, TX 77802